Literature: The European Camarade
- Fri 01 Oct 2021
- 7:00 pm
Supported by The Manchester Poetry Library, the 2021 European Poetry Festival comes to Manchester once again with some of the finest modern poets of the thriving Manchester scene in collaborative pairs with writers from across Europe.
New performances made for the night in this unique Camarade event, featuring:
- Patricia Farrell and Michael Egan
- JT Welsch and Colin Herd
- David Spittle and Stephen Sunderland
- James Davies and Matt Dalby
- Lydia Unsworth and Sarah Clare Conlon
- Tom Jenks and SJ Fowler
- Callie Michail and Scott Thurston
- Ailsa Holland and David Gaffney
- Robert Sheppard and Joanne Ashcroft
Curated by SJ Fowler and Martin Kratz, this event is part of the European Poetry Festival. The festival celebrates, in the UK and beyond, the grand resurgence in avant-garde and literary poetry that has marked the 21st century in Europe. It aims to not only innovative what a live poetry experience might be, but to inculcate community and engagement between poets across the continent, as well as between new audiences and complex poetries.