Exhibitions. New writing. Concert commissions. Academic research. Public events, in venues and online. And at the core of everything, preserving and promoting our extensive Anthony Burgess archive.
Your donation to the Burgess Foundation supports our mission to promote the life and work of Anthony Burgess in so many ways.
Our brand new Friends’ scheme has now been launched, which allows Burgess readers, scholars and fans all around the world the chance to support the work of the Foundation and to enjoy exclusive benefits throughout the year.
Become a Friend of the Foundation and you’ll play an important role in preserving our collection of books and manuscripts, and help to maintain a unique snapshot of twentieth century literary culture.
Benefits of becoming a Friend include:
– Receiving the annual Foundation publication featuring updates on our work and rarely seen images and excerpts from materials in the archive;
– Receiving an invitation to the annual Friends’ reception where you’ll be able to take a behind-the-scenes look at the archive, enjoy an exclusive viewing of our latests discoveries and meet other supporters;
– Receiving an invitation to the Observer/Burgess Prize for Arts Journalism award ceremony;
– Discounted entry to the annual Burgess Lecture and other concerts, book launches and conferences throughout the year;
– 20% reduction on books and merchandise both online and in our shop, and on food and drink from our cafe.