Anthony Burgess and Shakespeare
This resource examines some of the ways in which Anthony Burgess thought about and wrote about one of his greatest inspirations.
- Anthony Burgess and Shakespeare
- Burgess and Shakespeare: a brief introduction
- Burgess teaching Shakespeare
- Nothing Like the Sun: a story of Shakespeare’s Love-Life
- The language of Nothing Like The Sun
- Mr WS: Burgess’s Shakespeare ballet
- Fictional Shakespeares
- Burgess’s identification with Shakespeare
- Burgess and Shakespeare: the podcast
Burgess and Shakespeare: the podcast:
This episode of the Burgess Foundation Podcast examines Anthony Burgess’s relationship with Shakespeare and his works, including discussions of his Shakespeare biography, his novel Nothing Like the Sun and his imaginative interpretation of the bard’s life. Featuring music from the little-known and unfilmed musical The Bawdy Bard and Burgess’s Shakespeare ballet, Mr WS, this is a fascinating exploration of one of the great influences on Burgess’s creative life. You can listen below or wherever you prefer to listen to podcasts.
Presented by Graham Foster.