Bibliography and references
Anthony Burgess had an immense literary and musical output. Listed in the sections below are all of his published works, and some of the works of other writers whom he edited. Uncollected and unpublished writings are not listed; nor are all the introductions and prefaces he contributed to other writers’ works.
- Bibliography and references
- Fiction and poetry
- Translations and adaptations
- Film and television
- Biographies and critical writing on Burgess
- A Clockwork Orange: Bibliography
Film and television:
- Monitor: Silence, Exile and Cunning. Directed by Christopher Burstall. BBC Television (1965).
- Moses – the Lawgiver. Directed by Gianfranco DeBosio. ITV (1974).
- Jesus of Nazareth. Directed by Franco Zeffirelli. (1977).
- Celebration: Burgess in Manchester. Granada Television (1980)
- Writers and Places: A Kind of Failure. Directed by David Wallace. BBC Television (1981).
- Quest for Fire. Directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. International Cinema Productions/20th Century Fox. (1982). (Burgess developed the languages for the Neolithic tribes)
- AD. Directed by Stuart Cooper. Ten-hour TV miniseries. (1985) (Burgess wrote the script and also contributed to the musical score)